WHO IS THE HABERSHAM HUMANE SOCIETY?
We realize that not everyone is familiar with HHS and how we operate . Here’s a brief summary …
- We are not an “animal shelter”.
- We are not an open intake facility (taking all animals who are brought to us) like Habersham County Animal Care and Control (“the shelter”).
- We are made up of volunteers who work 24/7 to help dogs & cats in need.
- We do not have a housing facility or office. We are 100% foster homes.
- We do not have a license to adopt out animals.
- We are transport-oriented, working with Road Trip Home to transport animals from Habersham County to partner shelters in the north and elsewhere.
- We are a 501-c3 not-for-profit organization, which means that we rely almost entirely on donations from the public to keep us up and running. Our animals need many things while they are in our care including vaccinations, deworming, spay and neutering, and usually microchipping. Because we have a limited number of foster homes, we are not always able to take in every pet we are asked to help, as much as we wish we could.
We hope this explains what Habersham Humane Society does and how our rescue efforts work. We put our hearts and souls into saving as many as we can.
If you have any questions about fostering animals while they are awaiting transport, or if you wish to know more about our other programs, please contact us. I hope this was helpful information for you all. Please help us to continue helping unwanted animals in Habersham County have a second chance in a loving home.
If you would like to donate to our cause, please see the link below. To donate by check, our address is:
HABERSHAM HUMANE SOCIETY
P.O. Box 1442
Clarkesville GA 30523
706-839-0195 ( leave message)